Thursday, December 3, 2020

What I learned from EOTO #2

 Propaganda

    During the Propaganda Presentation, I learned a lot of different things, some old, some new, including the backstories of many different famous propaganda pictures. For example, I learned that some of the earliest forms of war propaganda came during World War 1 in the form of Uncle Sam. This came in July 6th, 1917. The image of Uncle Sam pointing was a way to compel action in men who saw it. 
    Another famous one, Rosie the Riveter was made so that women would be encouraged to help on the homeland in the war effort during World War 2. The purpose of the propaganda is to gain support for, not just the war effort, but also for many other things like political campaigns. 
    In all, this presentation helped me learn about how propaganda is able to motivate people into supporting something.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Digital Footprint

How Large is it?      My Digital footprint, I believe is quite large. I use many different forms of social media and I'm always on the i...