Thursday, December 3, 2020

My Digital Footprint

How Large is it?

    My Digital footprint, I believe is quite large. I use many different forms of social media and I'm always on the internet for work and recreational reasons. Some of the apps and sites I use are:




YouTube: 

I have my own YouTube channel, where I post gaming content and other forms of comedy. I'm constantly recording and editing to upload to the channel.

Snapchat:

I use snapchat to keep up with my friends everyday. I'm always sending pictures and videos to my friends to keep them updated on what's up.

Instagram:

I use Instagram to keep up with friends and to also post pictures of projects and trips.

Facebook:

I mostly use Facebook in order to keep up with my family who don't typically use any other social media app.

LinkedIn:

I only use LinkedIn in order to keep companies up with my resume and work history. I hope to use it to help me get a job in my selected field.

What could a visitor see? 

    If a visitor were to come across my pages and sites, they would get to see a lot about me. They would see that I like to make videos and memes, I love to make and play music and that I love to play video games with my friends. I wouldn't say that I have given out any serious private information on any of these sites and I don't believe anything that I post is too private. The only site I've posted an email is on LinkedIn, since employers can contact me via email.

The Atlantic Article

    After reading the Atlantic Article: "Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?", I understand more about how social media can increase loneliness in people. I agree that social media can increase depression in people, me being one of those people in the past, however this article gives me more perspective on what can cause people to be so lonely while on social media. 
    The article explains how social media causes the fear of "interfering with our relationships," and also "growing distant between friends." I personally have never thought of that theory in the past, I was always fearful that my friends would forget me and I would see them hanging out together without me. 
    All in all, this article showed me a deeper explanation of what social media can do to a persons mental health. How an app that should bring people closer together, is actually making us more lonely and more depressed the more we use it. A good way to help this is to take a break from social media, and just relax, this can help you reduce your depression and keep you happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Digital Footprint

How Large is it?      My Digital footprint, I believe is quite large. I use many different forms of social media and I'm always on the i...