Thursday, October 15, 2020

What I learned about YouTube

    During Ryan's presentation about YouTube. I learned that YouTube's first video was a video called "Me at the Zoo." I also learned that the Youtube Algorithm came out in 2012, where the site picked out which videos get featured on their site. This invention of the algorithm also brought the idea of Demonetization, which makes sure a content creator doesn't earn money for a video because it violates the site's very vague Terms of Service. They did this so they could keeps advertisers coming to the site, but in turn, it hurt the creators that kept bringing people back. 

    This presentation helped me learn a lot more about the website I visit everyday. It taught me about how hard it is to be a content creator on the site and how the algorithm works. This presentation, all together, was helpful and very informative about Youtube. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Digital Footprint

How Large is it?      My Digital footprint, I believe is quite large. I use many different forms of social media and I'm always on the i...